You can participate in-person or via livestream internet connection
Shiatsu Techniques of the Masters
The original shiatsu teachers focused on moving ki. Diagnosis was simple and treatment effective. As shiatsu became standardized in the last 25 years, many of the traditional techniques and treatment strategies have been lost in today's shiatsu education.
Early on in my bodywork studies, I had the good fortune to study with several of the shiatsu pioneers that brought the practice to the West. I would like to share some of the things I learned in order to revive the core techniques of these shiatsu masters.
Learn classic techniques originally presented by:
- Shizuko Yamamoto
- Shizuto Masunaga
- Michio Kushi
- Bo-In Lee
- Anthony Vincent
Find out more about the class:
During the class we will organize the material in sections: the back, the neck, stretches, side position, hand & foot, adjustments and barefoot shiatsu. Each technique that is presented will include information about its origin, which energy/organ of the body it influences, and detailed instruction for including it in your treatments.
Topics will include:
- Whole body ki diagnosis
- How to move whole body energy and release stagnated ki
- Techniques for treating individual organs and body systems
- Activating vitality & sexual energy
- Ampuku- traditional diagnosis & treatment of the hara
- Basic techniques for pain relief
- Adjustments - structural alignment techniques used by all of the original shiatsu teachers
- Dynamic positioning and movement in the treatment
Learn the techniques that created shiatsu
WHEN: Saturday June 25th - Sunday June 26th from 9am - 4pm EST *
* 2pm-9pm in the UK, 3pm-10pm in most of Europe. If you are in Asia or Australia, we realize this class would be difficult to attend :( We will be creating a video online version that should be ready sometime in July.
WHERE: 6055 Stump Road, Pipersville, PA 18947 (held at Saul's home, 10 minutes north of Doylestown)
COST: $300/person before June 10th ($350 after that if there are still openings)
- In order to participate via livestream, you should have at least one other practitioner to work together with (or a whole group :)). We ask that each participant pay the course fee.
- Livestream participants will need a decent internet connection.
- LIvestream participants will be able to ask questions and give feedback as much as the students who are actually in the classroom. We will give you specifics on how to connect up to the course as it gets closer.
- Due to broadband internet capacity, people will not receive a HD image quality on the livestream, but it will be very adequate to see the techniques and demos, etc. We will supplement the videos with HD photographs as the course is unfolding.
REGISTRATION: You may register below, or contact us at email@example.com. Payment is due upon registration. If you would like to pay with a check rather than online, please email Lynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.